Yesterday, we discussed how color can impact a user’s opinion of your website and recommended a few color choices to avoid. Today, let’s look at the rest of your site. When do you need a redesign? A variety of factors can help you decide whether you need to completely overhaul your website. Remember, websites are not monuments carved in stone. They should always be updated to reflect changes in user expectations, as well as changes in SEO.
When Should You Redesign Your Website?
- Visually unappealing: What is the color scheme of your site? As we discussed yesterday, poor esthetics can turn people away. If your color scheme is too bright, or if your headers are light-on-light or dark-on-dark, the design could be hard on the eyes.
- Outdated design: Does your site look like it was designed in the 90s? Joking aside, an older and outdated design can make people less likely to take you seriously. If you can’t keep up with the times, does that mean your services are outdated as well? When it comes to websites, people absolutely judge a book by its cover.
- Hard to update: Do you have a hard time updating copy or content? Does even adding a picture become a drawn out affair? If so, then you need a redesign. If updating from the backend is a nuisance then you may avoid crucial updates, causing your design, and the content within, to be out of date.
- Bounce rates: Look at your bounce rates. This is the rate at which people leave your site. If the rate is high, then you should look at your design and content. You want people to stay, not take one look and leave.
- Not mobile-friendly: This is perhaps one of the most important points. These days, more people surf the web using a smartphone or tablet rather than a desktop or laptop. As a result, having a site difficult to navigate on a phone means turning away a significant number of potential clients. If this is the case with your site, you will definitely need a redesign to ensure that your site is mobile-friendly.
More often than not, your website is the first impression a new patient receives of you and your dental practice. Is your site it in need of a facelift? If so, give us a call at (972) 781-8861, or send us an email at [email protected]. We’re here to help you put your best foot forward with your web presence — always.