1. Complete your profile. This includes name, address, email, phone, websites (!!), etc. Also, upload photos of your office, website, gallery pics, team pics, etc. The more info your profile contains, the better.
2. Login every day and post something interesting. This can be a fact – An alligator has 80 teeth at once, and 5 sets of them. WOW! Or an upcoming event: We’ll be at Grapefest this weekend with the family. You should come out! There’s great food, live music, and a midway for the kiddos. Or a note: Happy birthday to our receptionist, Amanda…she’s still a baby at 23! (add photo)
3. Once you have 25 fans, go to www.facebook.com/username and get a short URL that makes sense.
4. Put your Facebook username (short URL) with your website address on all correspondence and marketing: email, business cards, signage, blog, website, appointment cards, brochures, advertisements, etc.
5. Have a gift on hand for any patient who “likes” you while in your office. For instance, you or your assistant can say, “If you have a smart phone, go to our Facebook page while you’re here, like us, and we’ll give you a free sample of Crest’s new whitening toothpaste.” If the patient does not have a smart phone, make sure a computer is available at checkout so that he or she can still qualify for the gift.