More than ever, Google is going local. They understand that users are more focused on businesses in their neighborhood and therefore, is setting strict guidelines to govern local SEO and ensure better user experience. As a dentist, you can take advantage of Google’s renewed focus to improve your online marketing strategy.
- Optimized Website: Your website should be optimized for local and organic search engine optimization (SEO). Basically, everything else in this list should also be incorporated. In addition, your site needs to have a simple, clean design that is responsive and mobile friendly. A great design, original copy with links/keywords, and accurate citations can mean a successfully optimized website.
- Citations: Your citations are your NAP information. NAP stands for name, address, and phone number. This information should be accurate, and the same across your website, social media pages, and on any business pages. Your citations need to be correct across the board!
- Following Guidelines: Did you know that Google has strict guidelines for local SEO? They do! Don’t look at this as a hindrance, but as assistance to ensure that your strategy will provide the same user experience Google desires and rewards.
- Reviews: People check reviews before they buy a product or visit a business. You do, I do, everyone does. As a dentist, you need to have positive reviews available for potential patients to read when researching your business. However, they should not be written by you or your staff but should be real, authentic reviews posted to your business and social media pages by your patients.
- Links: Proper link building is an essential part of local SEO. You should have no more than seven links, and no fewer than three, per page. However, they need to be organic and lead a patient to a relevant and related page.
Need a new and better website, or want to learn how you can become a noticeable online presence? Do you have questions about online marketing strategies or SEO? We can help! Send MDPM an email: [email protected], or give us a call at 972-781-8861. Talk to our team today!