Search engine optimization can improve your rankings in a Google search engine results page. With the right approach you can make your practice easier to find when people look for a dentist. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to improve your SEO and help your business grow.
- Focus on Local SEO: In addition to keywords that include your city, your local SEO approach should include a Google+ Local Account. Be sure to fill the page out in full, including your name and all relevant contact information. Google actually uses this information in their map program and when people search for a service in your area. This information is crucial for attracting new patients online.
- Social Media and Search Engines: While Google is important; it isn’t the only search engine. Likewise, Facebook isn’t the only social networking site. You need to make sure your online marketing strategy includes social media pages on other sites and catering to other search engines, such as Bing and Yahoo. You should also consider making pages for Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Naturally Integrate Links: Instead of focusing on the number of links and including as many as possible, a tactic that can actually hurt your dental website, look for natural places to integrate links. Always place them going to relevant pages. If you mention veneers on your cosmetic dentistry page, include a link to your veneers page. This helps improve a person’s experience on your site, which is key to proper search engine optimization.
- Mobile SEO: Do you have a website that is responsive? If you website doesn’t offer a mobile friendly option for people who use smartphones and tablets, you are inadvertently turning away a ton of potential patients. What looks good on your computer may be hard to navigate on a phone or tablet, so make sure your website has a mobile friendly option.
- Improve Navigation and Bounce Rate: Bounce rate refers to how quickly a person clicks away from your site or page. If you have a website hard to navigate, then people will give up and quickly. Make sure your website contains easy to follow navigation and a consumer friendly design.
Are you ready to take your dental practice’s web presence to the next level? Do you have questions about SEO? We’re here to help! Give Jill a call at (972) 781-8861 or send us an email at [email protected].