- Your site has duplicate content: If your site has the same text that’s on other websites, Google will frown. To see if your website content is duplicated elsewhere on the web, cut and paste a paragraph from one of your services pages into Google search. You’ll see that the results show similar or duplicate content in bold font. If your blog has duplicate content, it’s the same deal. The whole premise of Modern Dental Practice Marketing is to provide original content for dental websites and blogs. Our dental copywriters understand writing, dentistry, and search engine optimization.
- Your domain is in its infancy: Domains (website names) that have been stocked with good, original content for years have an advantage over new domains. When you re-do your website, put it on the same domain it formerly held. Also, purchase your website domain for 10 years, not just one year. Google smiles upon your intention to sustain your business website for a decade.
- Your metatags are poor or don’t exist: If your site does not have good, quality metatags (title tags, descriptions, keywords), it’s not optimized. Google doesn’t read meta keywords any longer, but Bing and Yahoo do, so I recommend you have all three. It certainly can’t hurt! If you aren’t sure whether your metatags are sufficient, call Jill at Modern Dental Practice Marketing. She’ll look at your tags and let you know what’s going on in your code. Metatags are like a site synopsis for Google bots (spiders).
- You have one dinky site: There are many reasons to have multiple websites – not domains, websites. One, it gives you more web presence. Two, Google sees you as more of an expert. Three, you have more potential to have multiple listings in search results. Four, you can cover a wide range of keywords on microsites (I can explain if you have questions). Five, more opportunities for internal links and incoming links. Six, it’s like having additional real estate for your business. I recommend a main site to act as the showcase to which supporting blogs and microsites point. According to Panda, Google’s big rollout earlier this year, Google loves experts. Want more? Ask us.
- You don’t have a blog: A website with a mature domain, original content, and good metatags is great. Add a microsite – even better. Blogs, however, are considered news. Google loves news. If your blog has regular posts (weekly or more often), incoming and outgoing links to dental-relevant websites, original content, an SEO plugin for metatags, and categorized, tagged posts, it can significantly boost your overall SEO presence, as well as your main website’s Google ranking.
A note to end: You probably won’t see your own Google ranking any longer. What you see when you search for keywords will not be the same results that your patient will see. Google now uses unique user data when generating search results. The only way to tell if your website’s SEO is effective? Google Analytics, which we include on all MDPM blogs and websites.
Have a great Labor Day weekend!