Social media connects the world, allowing us to stay in contact with distant friends, share news, and for businesses, create a link with clients and customers (not to mention all the SEO benefits). As a dentist, you also benefit from keeping your social media presence active. Let’s look at a few easy steps for making the most of your social networking accounts!
Keeping Your Social Media Accounts Active
- Share Your Blogs: You write blogs for two purposes: 1. To inform and educate your patients and potential patients. 2. As a way of improving SEO. However, to ensure your blog succeeds on both points, you need to get them out there. Sharing them on social media means they are more likely to be seen, and that you have unique, original content to showcase.
- Keep Links on Your Website: In order to stay active, make finding your pages easy! You should have clickable icons on your homepage that take you to Facebook, Google+, Instagram, and whatever other accounts you have.
- Don’t Be Afraid of Non-Dental Content: You should absolutely share your blogs and any other important dental news you find. But don’t limit yourself to just that topic. Social networks are relaxed, a place where friends gather. Sharing news about your community, or even a funny comic or video you found (as long as it’s appropriate) can increase the chances of your content being liked, shared, retweeted, or commented on.
- Engage and Respond: Don’t be afraid to respond! If someone comments, respond. If they ask a question or talk about their visit, respond! You have a unique opportunity to forge a connection outside of office visits, so take full advantage.
- Try Our Free Kit: If you aren’t sure what kind of content you should be sharing, or if you have time to keep your social media pages active, let us know. We have a monthly social media kit, free for clients with an SEO package, that provides three posts a week ranging from dent topics and fun facts to holiday and season-related content.
Do you have questions about maintaining your social media presence? Looking for new ways to improve your online marketing plan? Then contact us today and let us help! Send an email to MDPM Consulting at [email protected], or give us a call at 972-781-8861!