Search engine optimization can help potential clients find your practice amid a myriad of options. How do you improve your SEO rating? To truly improve your ranking in a search engine results page, you should focus on how you can improve a user’s experience. By creating a quality website and blog, you can go a long way towards improved search engine optimization.
Improving Search Engine Optimization
- Links Should Help Your Clients: Filling your pages with link after link for SEO purposes can actually hurt you in the long run. In addition to being penalized by Google, you could also make your website appear unprofessional to potential patients. Instead, only use a handful per page that link to relevant content.
- Be Mobile Friendly: The fact is, most people use their phones to surf the web and look for goods or services. As a result, a mobile-friendly site is crucial. In addition to boosting search engine optimization, a responsive website can make your site more friendly to people using smartphones to look for a dentist.
- Control Your Bounce Rate: The bounce rate refers to the amount of people who visit your site and never go beyond page one. Often, the cause is a lack of a responsive website or all the key information is housed on the main page. Make sure your first page is well designed with engaging copy and that the website is responsive.
- Focus on Local SEO: If you operate a practice, you need to use keywords that focus on local cities. A Google+ Local account can help with this by including your practice in Google Maps and potentially in higher positions on search results pages.
- Don’t Just Focus on Google: While most people still use Google, this isn’t the only search engine in town. Bing and Yahoo are examples of other popular search engines you should consider when creating a search engine optimization strategy.
- Offer Quality Blogs: If you have blogs as part of your strategy, then make sure you’re posting interesting and informative content. Your blog should convince a potential client or patient that you are professional and an expert in your field.
- Don’t Forget About Online Reviews: Before visiting a store or hitting up a restaurant, what’s one of the first things you do? You look at online reviews. A lack of reviews or overwhelmingly negative ones can make you less likely to visit a business. You should encourage satisfies patients to share their stories on social media pages and websites like Yelp.
If you have any questions about SEO and improving your practice’s web presence, give us a call or send an email. We’re always here to answer your questions. Call (972) 781-8861 or email [email protected].