In one of Matt Cutts’ videos, he literally says that there’s no excuse for businesses not having a blog. This can be difficult for dentists to understand, primarily because the purpose of a blog has changed in the past few years. Today, blogs are still “web logs,” but they aren’t necessary personal journals, breaking news, or how-tos and tips. While all of these subjects can be presented in blogs, the purpose of a blog for marketing a business is status quo in this day and age. Here’s why.
- Blogs are indexed as news, so they rank faster than regular web pages in most cases. I’ve seen blogs show up in search within just a few moments of posting.
- Blogs freshen up a website’s content. Google tells us that keeping a website fresh is an important factor in SEO. A blog does just that, as often as you publish a post.
- Blogs can be posted to social networks to generate conversation. With plugins or manually, blog posts may be shared to social profiles, from Facebook to Twitter to Pinterest, to fuel conversation. In terms of SEO, this ultimately benefits the business that originally posted the blog.
- Blogs provide a vertical option for searching, in some cases. This means, while your website may come up in regular search results, your blog may also show up under the news tab, or images, video, blogs, and more. This means, you get more SEO bang for your buck.
- Blogs allow a business to create a dense archive of useful information about the company, its products and services, and related topics. Each blog has a unique page and URL extension, so it is indexed by search engines and kept indefinitely available to searchers. Blogs steadily expand a business’ online presence and authority.
If your dental office does not yet have a blog, there’s no time like the present. Call the dental blog experts, Modern Dental Practice Marketing Consulting, at 972-781-8861 today, and start reaping the benefits of blogging in your Google rankings. Our dental copywriters can save you time, frustration, and make you look like the expert you are.