Yes. Many of our clients have a blog and no primary website. In competitive markets, like Dallas, Chicago, and other large cities, you should have more than one website to increase your Google rankings. However, you can opt for multiple blogs. Why choose a blog instead of a website?
We like to relate a blog to a home. If you purchase a nice track home with lots of upgrades, it will work well for your needs. If you build a completely custom home with all the bells and whistles, you probably plan on living there a long, long time. Here’s the kicker: With websites, you have to remodel every two years or so or your practice will look outdated. Why buy a custom home, or blog, if you have to remodel?
- Blogs can be up and running in one or two weeks. Websites can take months.
- Blogs can be altered immediately through a CMS (content management system) when edits are required. Not all website companies have a CMS, and even those who do don’t necessarily offer immediate changes.
- Blogs can have new information posted as often as you like, and Google will count it as news. At Modern Dental Practice Marketing, we have dental copywriters who understand SEO (search engine optimization). They write and publish blog posts on behalf of our client dentists. In short – you do not have to do research, you do not have to write, and you do not have to learn anything new. Blogs can dramatically and quickly boost your SERPs (search engine results pages) rankings. Websites are not considered news, even if the text is changed regularly. In fact, changing the text too much can count against you.
- Like websites, blogs can have multiple pages, links, forms, sidebar information, and even a search bar, polls, and calendar. With a blog, there are so, so many features (plugins and widgets) available that nothing has to be created from scratch. This saves you time, money, and the frustration of trial-and-error.
- Like websites, blogs can be customized if they are built for customization. We start with a template that complements your brand, and there are literally thousands to choose from. Then we customize the design and content to meet your needs. Sound like building a website? It pretty much is… but we don’t reinvent the wheel. That’s why blogs are more affordable than custom websites.