Here is a marketing idea you can implement by 10:00 Monday morning. It is virtually free, and would only take about an hour of your time to set up.
The only catch is you have to act NOW!
As every new school year begins, local communities hold school supply drives. A great way to get exposure for your practice, while serving your community, is to take part in the collection of these supplies.
Here are the 5 simple steps:
1) Call your local family services office or other charity and ask if they are doing a school supply drive. Let them know you want to collect items for them at your office. Regardless of how many collection spots they have or how close the first day of school is, they will gladly accept your help. Ask them to email blast their donors that you are a designated collection spot.
2) Make a flyer to hang up in your office and email it to your patients. The local organization may already have a template.
3) Email your database of patients, post on FB, Twitter and on your Blog. Be sure to encourage others to pass the word along to their friends. If you are in a multi-tenant building, hang your flyers in the hallways and restrooms if possible.
4) Get a cardboard box to collect the donations. You can have your kids or your staff decorate it for you. Somewhere near the box, have some of your business cards/marketing material available so donors are encouraged to learn more about your practice.
5) At the end of the drive, deliver the supplies. Make it a fun outing for your office, and take a camera along. When the drive is over, send out a big THANK YOU to everyone via email, FB, Twitter and your Blog. You can also include a photo of yourself and your staff delivering the supplies.
Be sure to share any success stories with us at [email protected] We would love to share your results with our readers. Pictures are welcome as well!